Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More Notes on Last Week

CLEAN EATING:
I've definitely been cooking more at home, and I'm careful about what I buy, but I haven't really had the opportunity to go grocery shopping since we were out of town. Still feeling pretty good about not eating too much junk and processed food though.

RUNNING:
Last week I worked on C25K W3. I've been doing pretty well, but as expected, our trip to the mountains put a little kink in the plans. I'm not stupid, so this week I know I may need to do an extra workout or two to get up to speed (pun intended) for W4. Also, at least once a week I forget to set an incline on the treadmill so my workouts feel much easier than they should. All the more reason to run outside, I suppose.

WEIGHTLOSS:
The first part of last week I stuck to WW pretty closely. I didn't go over my points at all Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday I only went over by a handful. I worried about vacation. We anticipated being rained in which meant a) no physical activity and b) eating and drinking out of sheer boredom. I was happily wrong about no activity. Never underestimate the power of an intense living room dance party with your best friend. Also, we weren't rained in on Saturday and were able to walk around Highlands. As for the eating and drinking out of boredom, well yes. That happened. But you know the strangest thing? I didn't eat too much. In fact, come meal time I always ate just enough. I made chili on Friday and had only one bowl. We had tacos on Saturday and I had three. I didn't snack too much. I definitely drank quite a bit, but it was mostly light beer and a few glasses of wine. I'm not sure how, but as a result, overall I lost over 3 lbs last week. Which brings me to:

OVERALL/MOTIVATION:
The weightloss right now is motivation enough to continue eating right. I've lost 5lbs so far (14 since this time last year). I've hit a number on the scale I haven't seen since Eric and I first started dating. I'm starting to recognize my face again. That's a huge thing. When you start putting on weight, and it's so slow at first, you don't realize the small changes that happen until one day you look in the mirror and a girl with a double chin and hollow dark eyes is looking back. I know some beautiful women who carry their weight well. I'm not saying a size 4, 6, or 8 is perfect for everyone. But the size I was a few short weeks ago, it didn't feel like me. This minor weightloss has really kicked me into overdrive. I miss my body. I wasn't thin in high school or even college (I fluctuated between size 10 and 14), but I was me, and I haven't been me in a while. It's hard to express really, but suffice it to say, I'm just feeling better.

Motivation to keep working out on the other hand - that's a different story. I need to give myself a goal to keep with the C25K plan. A few weeks ago Old Navy was having a sale on their jeans. $19.99 for any pair, and get a coupon to lock in that price through May. I tried to buy some jeans at the time, but they didn't have any in my size. I told the sales associate, and he gave me the coupons anyway, so I could try my luck later. My goal is to complete the C25K plan and run a 5K. Upon completing the 5K (running w/out stopping unless absolutely necessary), I can go directly to Old Navy and use my coupons. At that point, I may even be down a jean size or two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment