I've been teetering on the border of depression for a few weeks now, and a forced break from running has started to push me over the edge. It's been an awful few months. The challenges I'm facing at work are the most difficult things I've encountered professionally to date. Personal issues are weighing heavily on me. My stress is at an all time high - so high that I experienced my first panic attack two months ago. Things aren't great, but I'm tired of complaining about it. There's a lot of external stuff going on that I can't control, so I need to focus on the things I can.
I'm taking November to recharge. My Ultimate Fitness Challenge ends this week, so I'm about to lose that accountability. I'm proud of what I accomplished these last 3 months (down 10 lbs!), but it's time to find some motivations from within. So I'm looking at this new month as a chance to realign my work/life balance. I need to find a new way to stay healthy and fit while I recover from a stupid (and avoidable) injury. I need to remember how to let go of work when I'm at home - a huge challenge when I live with a co-worker. I need to get back to being happy.
1. I've signed up for the #30daysofyoga challenge (from Yoga with Adriene).
2. I've also signed up for Pile on the Miles with one of my favorite bloggers (Run Eat Repeat).
3. I have a few more physical therapy sessions, and plan to be diligent about my homework.
4. I still have my personal training 2x/week.
5. I'm staying very hopeful about walking the Atlanta Half Marathon, but I'm also trying to be flexible/realistic that I might just have to walk the 5K.
All of this isn't really going to equal the miles I was putting in training for the 10 Miler and Half Marathons, but it's what I can do right now. On top of all of this, I'm going to try to meditate daily, a practice that really helped control my stress over the summer.
In other news, I'm participating in the SoleMates fundraiser for Girls on the Run, and I'm excited about my chili cookoff next Sunday. Hoping for a good turnout. Interested in learning more? Check out my fundraising page.
I have more stuff brewing in my brain, but I'll save it for another post.