Sunday, February 19, 2012

Whole Foods?

I'm considering moving towards a whole food diet.  I've heard nothing but good things about about it, from the health benefits, to enjoying the taste of food better. The only negative I've heard is that it can be more expensive, but I imagine since it will involve cooking and eating at home more, it won't be a problem budget-wise.

I'm not the kind of person to go "all-in" on something. I've learned that about myself over the years. It takes time to gradually form a habit, but I'm the kind of person that has to seriously ease into it.

Here are a few resources I'm looking into.
Clean Eating Magazine
100 Days of Real Food Blog
100 Days Recipes
NHerShoes 100 Day Challenge

I'm also not a wasteful person (or at least, I try not to be). I have plenty of processed food in my refrigerator and pantry that I need to eat, but I'm going to slowly introduce more and more fresh fruits and vegetables, and hopefully make a transition over the next month or two. We'll see. It might be too hard. I'm a pretty lazy person, and if preparation becomes too much of a hassle, I can see myself caving and just ordering take out.

I also can't imagine doing this whole hog. There's family sushi nights, mom's steak and cheesy cauliflower, and Taco Tuesdays to consider. But even making a moderate change has to be a good idea, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment