Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Monday Blues and Shopping News

Okay. No actual blues, here. Monday was perfectly pleasant, aside from the end-of-the-world flash-flood-inducing rains we had. There's been a bit of a shake-up at work, and I've been working pretty hard on my time management and productivity to make sure I'm staying on top of everything. I got a neat little report done yesterday on top of a few other projects, so I left the office feeling pretty accomplished. This ego boost from DailyMile didn't hurt either.



I decided to check out Total Wine to find the perfect pairing for my Valentine's Day dinner with my honey. I ended up getting two bottles of Syrah. The salesman (I don't think he was a registered sommelier) gushed about both, so I'm sure they'll be delicious and wonderful.

We're eating here and I'm so excited! It doesn't seem like much, I know, but it's some of the best food in Atlanta. Also, they don't sell alcohol, but they do allow you to BYOB and they don't charge a corking fee. How can you beat that?

After I picked up the wine, I stopped into Old Navy. I'd been seeing a bunch of my favorite bloggers reviewing the new Active line. Well, Old Navy got their money's worth from these blogger, because I've been jonesing for new pants and a jacket ever since! I had a 20% coupon, so I purchased 2 pants, a jacket and a long-sleeve half-zip top.

In the parking lot, on my way out, I realized that the car parked opposite me was the exact same make and model as my car. You may think this is a silly observation, but I drive a 2007 Black (dark gray, let's be honest) Chevy Aveo. I've seen maybe 5 other Aveos in the year and a half that I've had my car, so I always get excited when I find one.



Once home, I OBVIOUSLY had to break in my new clothes for Johnny's walk and my nightly workout.



My workout wasn't phenomenal. I did my PT, still had pain during one particular exercise, but finished strong. Then I hopped on the bike, but I just couldn't get into it last night. I was tired. I was hungry. I was bored. Waaaaaaah. #lifeishard


Not stellar.

That's alright though. Today at work, I found a Chinese food menu that included Vietnamese pho. As in, they deliver. They deliver this mana from heaven to my door. At work. I can't tell you how happy I am today. 


That is all. Go away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment