Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bike, WeightWatchers and Chipotle

I didn't make it to yoga this weekend. I'll get that out of the way first. Vista Yoga is right around the corner from my house, but for some reason I LOVE making excuses to not go. It's dumb. It's real dumb, because you know what? I love yoga. So, I am going to stop making excuses and take my butt to a class sometime this week.

I did not go to yoga, but I DID workout Sunday. I skipped the bike and PT on Saturday to give my knee a rest, but Sunday I did both. There is one exercise for PT that I couldn't complete because of pain (under previous instructions from my therapist if an exercise begins to hurt, stop immediately), but I did everything else and it was alright.

Then I hopped on the bike. I had intended to try for an hour, but I'm not there yet. I did do a pretty interval-intense 30 minutes though, and I'm continuing to improve my speed.

 

Our "study" is finally finished, and so I had a big computer screen playing Nashville while I worked out. It was rad, but I'm going to try to stick to reading as often as possible. I have to get to 52 books somehow!

Here is a photo of my reward at the end of my workout. H.U.G.E. salad with bell peppers, celery, apples, onions, and a whole tomato, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. YUM.


So let's talk about food for a minute. I rejoined WeightWatchers sometime in December. I'd lost about 15lbs total earlier and the year and gained about 10lbs back after I stopped running. WeightWatchers works. BUT. I've been having trouble staying on track. Sometimes I feel like I have basic understanding of points when I don't, and then I pretty much ruin my whole week's worth of points in one sitting. Case in point: I went to Chipotle on Saturday and had a veggie burrito with everything. TERRIBLE idea. I kept telling myself that most of the really "bad" foods that I love are about 13-16 points. Not healthy, but okay to splurge. Chipotle must be just like that!

Chipotle is not just like that. The burrito, without any meat, is 25 freaking points, which is quite a lot considering I get 30/day. Looking at their calculator after I ate was horrifying. 1000 calories. A THOUSAND. For one meal. 120 carbs. 3010 mg of SODIUM. Holy crap. No wonder I gained so much weight when I worked at the law firm and Chipotle was across the parking lot.

Okay. Noted. 

And, just because - here's a photo of my parents' dog, Sammy, and their cat, Sheffield. Adorable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment