Thursday, June 7, 2012

W3D4 Recap

W3D4: Run 2 miles

I did it! I did it!

Let me back up. I woke up this morning at 6:something a.m. and I was exhausted. I don't know why I was exhausted - I didn't workout yesterday, I went to bed at a decent time, and I slept through the night (something I can't say for any of the previous nights this week, actually). I should have been pretty well rested.

I had coffee this morning, drank plenty of water throughout the day, but nothing helped. By the drive home, I was nearly falling asleep at the wheel. Once I got home, I took Johnny for a walk, and then promptly fell asleep on the couch for an hour and a half.

I woke up around 7:45 p.m. and argued with myself for a good 10 minutes. Part of me wanted to go back to sleep and the other part of me said "REALLY? Only 3 weeks into this training program and you want to cut corners and make excuses? Don't be lame, a**hole."

So I did that thing where I told myself I only had to run for 10 minutes. Once I a half a mile out, I decided to just keep going. I ran 2.07 miles in 24:41 (11:55 min/mi). Not bad.

Tomorrow will probably be an off day, and then 3.5 miles Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment