Monday, August 8, 2011

Training Plan 8/8 - 8/14

Alright, first a look at last week's plan:

Monday: 4 mile run
Tuesday: Yoga
Wednesday: 2 mile run
Thursday: 3 mile run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 4 mile run
Sunday: Rest or Yoga
 
And the execution:
Tuesday: Yoga
Wednesday: 2 mile run
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3.5 mile walk/run
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest
 
Total miles: 9.5
 
Friday's Run:
 
The 4 mile run scheduled for the weekend troubled me because I had so many birthday plans.  I decided to scrap Friday's 3 miler and attempt to do 4 on the road.  I mapped out a short route that should have been pretty easy.  My friend, Nate, came with me.  I started out going a steady (but very slow) pace, and did about a mile.  We stopped for a walk break, and to find the road to turn on.  That road ended up being far hillier than I thought, and we were poorly prepared for the extra exertion + crazy heat.  Nate was smart, and brought some water, but not nearly enough, and certainly not for the both of us.  He did share, which was sweet, but we struggled up a steep hill about 1.8 miles in, decided it we'd had enough, and turned around.
 
I did an okay job of jogging back once we were on the main road, which was about .75 miles.  I'd say I probably jogged a total of 1.3-1.5 miles.  Now granted, this was at a much slower speed than what I do on the treadmill, but considering I generally have to tap out at 10 minutes, I consider that an accomplishment.
 
Week 3 Plan:
 
This week, things get interesting (read: mileage increase!).
 
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Yoga and 3.5 miles
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 2 miles
Friday: 3.5 miles
Saturday: Rest or Yoga
Sunday: 5 miles (OMG - terrified)
 
Total Estimated Miles: 14
 
So, today is my birthday (happy birthday to me!), which means Eric and I have reservations at our favorite sushi place.  I should have gone to the gym this morning before work, but since I didn't, there really isn't enough time to do anything tonight.  Wednesday, my co-workers are taking me out for dinner and drinks to say goodbye because Thursday(!!) is my last day as a paralegal!
 
I've had to modify the schedule a bit, but yoga and a run on the same day will be, um, fun, right?
 
Wish me luck, because I will really, really need it this week.
 
I'll be back later today with a birthday-related post.  What's your favorite tradition for ringing in a new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment