Wednesday, August 10, 2011

3.5 miles

Firstly, I am a really bad proofreader of my own writing.  So, I apologize for the dozens and dozens of typos that have a constant presence here on the blog.

Secondly, I went to the gym yesterday!  The schedule called for 3.5 miles, so that's what I did.  I warmed up for 5 minutes at 3.6,  ran 5 at 4.8, walked 5 at 4.0, ran 5 at 4.8, walked...10 at 4.0, and so on.  I think I could have pushed myself a little harder, but I was with a friend, and we were talking, and I just wanted to enjoy myself.  I ended up doing 3.5 in 51:31, which is an avg pace of about 14:42.

Like I said, I felt I could have pushed myself harder, but overall I finished feeling really good.  That's definitely an improvement over last week's runs, all three of which bruised my ego.

Today is a rest day, but the schedule calls for 2 miles on Thursday.  The actual plan calls for 2 miles OR cross-training, so I may do an elliptical workout instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment