Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Progress: 5.25.2011

Monday: Run 3 mi Run 1.4 mi
Tuesday: Yoga Run 1.75 mi
Wednesday: Run 3 mi (some fartleks)
Thursday: Rest (leaving for the mountains after work)
Friday: Hike or Rest
Saturday: Hike, Yoga or Rest
Sunday: Hika, Yoga or Rest

Alright, so my ego has taken a bit of a beating this week.  I keep hoping that I'll be able to run 3 miles, no problem, but then I push myself to run at my goal pace instead of my actual pace, and I burn out.  It's alright though.  I have to keep telling myself that what I'm doing is better than nothing, and that in the end I will be able to run 3 miles, 6 miles, 10 miles.  It's just going to take a little bit longer than I had hoped.

As you may have noticed, I missed yoga yesterday.  The class starts at 6:30 and I couldn't get out of work before 6:45.  We have a lot going on in the next month, so again, I'm going to have to adjust my expectations.  Anyway, I couldn't NOT go to the gym, so I hopped on the treadmill and attempted Week 5 Day 2 of the C25K plan.  I did it at a 5 mph run/jog and 3.5 mph walking pace, all while listening to some of my favorite songs.  I'm glad to know that even if I'm not where I was hoping to be by now, I've definitely improved significantly since March.

Today I plan to hit the treadmill again, but timing will be an issue.  I usually leave work at 5:30, and I have dinner plans at 6:30, so I'll only have about 30 minutes to get in any kind of work out.  I really have to make it work though, because we're leaving tomorrow, and I won't be able to run again until Tuesday!

Wish me luck, y'all.

Um, here's another cute picture for you.



I promise I'll start taking my own photos soon.

Have you dealt with training setbacks?  How did you stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment